View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
Lorrie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellbe46 View Post
can you tell what my baby is,
Whenn i got him from a beeder near my home he told me Valentino was a teacup(small) yorkie and a docked tail. Since then i have found out loads of stuff about the breeder. tino is now fully grown and has got a bit longer in the body but still small i think.
I got alot for horrible people on this site saying that there is not such thing as a teacup, but that is what i was yold when i got my baby boy.
how can you tell what he is?
hes 8 months and 3lb and nutty as hell .
Quote:
On Friday, April 6th (2007), the Animal Welfare Act became law in England (March 28th in Wales) and with it, a ban on tail docking for all but working dogs became effective. Later this month, the Animal Health & Welfare (Scotland) Act comes into effect, with a total ban on the docking of dogs’ tails, with no exemptions.
http://www.dognews.co.uk/tail-dockin...ficially-over/

Tino's tail would not have been docked by a Vet if he is 8 months old. Presumably it was done by the breeder, who presumably did not know it was against the law, who also presumably does not know that teacup is not a correct description of the size of any breed of dog. It would be interesting to hear whether what you have found out about the breeder since Tino came into your life was good, bad or so-so.

I don't think anyone is having a go at you, but some people are concerned at what you were told by your dog's breeder. And some would like it to be known that the word teacup is merely a way of passing off dogs that are too small to breed (safely in the case of bitches), probably too small to show but certainly small enough to bring in the money because they are fashionable in some circles... Paris Hilton, Britney Spears etc come to mind

And... I can tell that Tino looks like 3lbs of totally adorable Yorkie
Lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!