Thread: Teacups !
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #11
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Jeter is so tiny, he is 5 months old and he is just hitting 2 pounds! People alway's ask me if he is a teacup when I have him out I try to let people know the truth about "teacup" puppies. I understand that it might be a term that one describes the smaller ones, but you should not have to pay more for the smaller "teacup" Yorkies, they might grow into a "teapot" adult, you never know!

I was at my sister in law's church for order pickup this past Saturday,and had Jeter with me and she asked if she could go show him off in his carrier, the women were going nuts over how tiny he is and they asked me "What kind of dog is he? How old is he " I said he was a Yorkshire Terrier and that he was 5 months old and the one lady went "OH is he the teacup kind? I alway's wanted one!" I told them that their is no such thing as a "tea cup" anything puppy! That it is a term that breeders might use to describe the smaller pups. That all Yorkies are in the TOY breed group. Standers size is 4 to 7, you can get smaller or bigger than that but they are all toy breed and are just simply a Yorkie. She was thankful for my knowledge because she was searching for a puppy and was going to pay $3,500 for a "teacup" the breeder was insisting that he would only get to be 2 pounds if that! I told her about Yorkie Talk so that she could come check it out and get information. I also gave her a card of my breeder that I alway's keep in my purse because I alway's get asked were did I buy him from. She also asked if she could take his picture with her phone so she could send it to her husband. Jeter thinks he is all it with all the attention he stirs up when we go out She was so thankful that I was able to put her in the right path and not get taken in by the Teacup label!

One down, so so many more to go!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!