View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
It is an enzyme measured to see if the liver is damaged or diseased. There is also AST. Please post your results when you get them.

Is this a pup or adult?
Different vets have different philosophies on whether a liver compromised dog should be on low protein or not. I would go to a lower protein food at least until you have the diagnosis.

I don't think the urine bile acid test or the Idexx SNAP (I think it is) are as accurate as sending it out to a lab, so make them send it out. If your vet is thinking a possible shunt, their first move should've been a bile acid test and not reduing the blood panel alone.

Ellie, I am so glad you are here to help answer some of these questions. I was so hoping you would be around after I did some searching and saw how well informed you are. Rainbow is 4 days short of 11 months old. She is NOT really a picky eater either. Actually Sunnie is the picky eater. I definitely want to give her some good healthy food, but I have no idea what is a good choice to give her now. I thought I was doing them a favor giving them the EVO. I am not sure if it was sent out to a lab or not, but I am thinking yes. They did the test Monday morning and they told me they wouldn't have the results for 2-3 days and they called me 1st thing this morning. I hope they will give me copies of the test results when I take Sunnie in tomorrow morning. Now that I think about it, the only symptom (and I am not even sure it IS a symptom) is that she is then. I did ask the vet if she was too thin and she said a little thin but she still will fill out as she grows.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!