View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default OMG! I am in panic mode!

I am going to try and write this thru the tears. Monday morning we took Sunnie and Rainbow in to the vet. Sunnie to see about getting a teeth cleaning and Rainbow to get 2 retained puppy teeth pulled. We decided to have blood work done just to be safe. This morning the vet called with the results. Sunnie will be going in the morning to get his teeth cleaned. His test were normal. I just about fell out of my chair when she told me that one of Rainbow's liver enzyme tests came back high. She kind of talked like I wouldn't understand what she was saying... but as soon as she said Liver, my heart dropped. She said maybe it is because she just had a recent heat (1 month ago)... She didn't say HOW high and I was in such shocked I didn't even think to ask her WHAT enzyme, HOW high? etc. One of the things I heard her mention was liver shunt and I don't think I heard anything else. My God, I was hoping to show this little doll. Whatever it was, it must have been bad because she isn't going to pull her retained baby teeth and wants to retest her in 4-6 weeks. I am in shock because I KNOW how many babies have died from liver shunt. I don't even know if that is what is wrong, I just cannot understand her mentioning it if she wasn't pretty sure of it. And now I am rambling and panicing.. She has NO symptoms!~ NONE. She is the picture of health! The only time she ever has vomited is occasionally in the car on a trip, but since giving her ginger snaps before a trip she is fine. One of the things that scares me is my dogs all eat Innova EVO (the turkey formula) and now I am worried that I am making her sick with too much protien. I cannot lose this baby. I am SO so in love with her that all I can do now is cry. Is there ANYTHING else it could be??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!