View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Default just had a scare

My two had a sudden burst of energy and were running full speed ahead. It was one of those keep-your-hands-and-feet-in-the-vehicle times. They were running and jumping on the bed, jumping off, growling, barking... just having a great time then next thing I know I hear this loud yelp. I'm on the third floor... my cousin heard the yelp in the basement... two floors lower! Smokey runs under my computer chair and continues whining in pain. I look down and I see him laying on his side with his right, back leg sticking out. I'm thinking he broke his leg. I try to sit him up to see if he could put pressure on it and he fell down. I tried again and he fell down again. I tried a third time (by this point everyone in my family was upstairs) and he sat up just fine. Then started playing. I think they were running and he may have slammed his leg on a door frame or something and stunned him... and stunned me! That is the second leg breaking scare I've had with these two. Chip was my first one... he leaped out of my cousin's hands and fell on the concrete jumped up and kept falling down. He couldn't stand and he was freaking out. I picked him up and ran upstairs to tell my husband that Chip broke his leg and I was taking him to the vet, then Chip started walking again. I swear these two keep me on my toes!

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!