Thread: Quiting smoking
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
Yorkie3
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
I am quiting smoking starting today.I am taking Chantix and going to a smoking cessation class. Keep me in your thoughts this is gonna be hard for me I have been smoking for 26 yrs. My Husband is so happy he has been worried about me dying because of the smoking. Any tips that anyone has would be appreciated

I will pray that you beat the addiction. I stopped smoking the evening of August 30, '07, after 36 years. I tried the Chantix, but it made me nauseous (it did work for my husband though and he smoked 2-3 packs a day). I won't lie...there will be times you'll still crave one..I do still, but not near as often. What tip I can offer is when you get that craving....get up and do something different to take your mind off of it. Even if it's just walking to another room. Change your routine...for instance..if you're use to smoking while putting on your makeup...do it in a different room, different mirror...etc. I use to sit at a makeup mirror to dry my hair...now I stand in the bathroom. Anyway that you can change your 'smoking' routine will help.

I also had Tic Tacs on hand.

Best wishes...you CAN do it if you really want. I never wanted it as much as I did that August day and I've quit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!