Thread: Business advice
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
urbnalbino
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Well, I can tell you what my husband and I are doing - we decided to start our pet photography business with two other people around Thanksgiving last year. We both work full time, but the business is really taking off and is looking very promising. Right now, we are working out of our office in our apartment. We decided that once we have to work our regular jobs around our business, we are going to quit our jobs and work on the business full time.

That probably didn't help you very much, but you're right - its very nice to be able to do what you want when you want and have your kids close to you all the time. You have to do whatever is right for you, but if you don't decide to run your own business, you'll always wonder what it would be like if you did. Since you love doing it part time, why not do it full time and make some serious cash while you're at it?

You mentioned that you are moving in May -- have you already found a house? Maybe you could try working out of a room in your house. That's not uncommon, and if I'm thinking right, your house could be a tax write off as a business expense if you do it that way. I don't know how much they charge, but several places around here own their own grooming business inside of a vet's office. You might want to try something like that.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck in your endeavors.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!