Thread: I'm in shock
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
altigger74
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I've been through this before. I can tell you it is not easy at all to see them after. I've lost of few babies before and all but one I've seen. The one I didn't see and was able to say goodbye to after he was buried I can see clearly in my mind of when he was healthy. The others I had to see, I can still see the way I found them. It is very difficult. I'm here to talk if you need to as I'm sure everyone else is.

Tootsie, May you travel to the rainbow bridge in the arms of an angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Bella View Post
Today my miniature dachshund, Tootsie, escaped out of our yard and was hit by a car. I'm in shock at the loss of her. I alternate from sobbing, to talking about her like she's still here. I just can't believe this happened. I feel like such a horrible mommy. I had my husband come home from work early to help me find her. He found her on the side of the road dead. We haven't buried her yet..... my husband put her in a plastic bag until tomorrow when we'll bury her. I don't know if I should look at her and say goodbye. Will I regret it later if I don't say my last goodbyes to her? I want to see her and talk to her, but I'm scared that it will traumatize me. What should I do? Oh my gosh, I miss her so much. She would have turned 2 next month.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/332398/photos/1
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!