View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorna pickett View Post
hi its me again about buttons, these are the things ive tried for her, Dr.Maggie pet food supplement for skin&coat. omega fatty acid for shedding, scratching, flaking and dull coat.

allergroom- dermatlolgy, hypoallergenic emollient shampoo for dogs and cats

canidae- shes not fond of it,

luv a treat- chicken jerky 97 to 99 percent fat free

her regular treats are medi-cal treats..

now ive found it not so bad with the canidae, but shes not fussy for it, still scratching and biting and has little pimples on her skin, but not so many red blotches.

iam ready to try home made, if anybody has any ideas, tonight i gave her cod with green peas and potato.

should i stick with salmon and brown rice and a veg for a month to see what happens..

need all the advice i can get
this pic is when she was a pup before the skin problems started
first- sending you a hug i know how frustrating it is to see our little ones suffer.

second- stick with one protien source for around a month to 6 weeks. If you are feeding cod... stick with that ... always have carrots as part of your veggies.. it is the best way for them to get vitamin A without them getting too much. and potato is great...

are you suppliementing? That is VERY important

after the month to 6 weeks take note of how she did on the fish (probably very well) then try a rare meat if you can get your hands on one- lamb, rabbit, duck, venison, try to stay away from beef and chicken... introduce a new protien and see how she does... you can keep doing this until you notice a bad reaction to a food (the itchying comes back) you should be ok with your starches, just stay away from wheat and corn.. oatmeal is usually a good way to go

stay away from egg and all dairy right now until you have it all sorted out

PLEASE pm me if you have ANY Questions... we've just been through this and we have learned Layla can't have milk products and something tells me the chicken isnt' going well either (VERY Watery eyes)

Also keep in mind it may not be food... it could be evironemental

Good luck...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!