View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov11 View Post
Hey Knockz,

It doesn't take much effort at all to push the bell down with their paws. I taped a small cardboard circle to the top of the bell on the push down piece. I thought the push button might be too small and may hurtt heir feet. Regardless, the disc I put on works beautifully. Because it is a little bigger it also acts as a lever, so to speak, so even less effort for the dog.

It took a couple of weeks to get the dogs to ring it but patience and persistent is the key. Good luck.
Hey, what a good idea! This is the type of bell Joey uses, and most the time, he's just fine with it, but sometime he wants to go outside IMEDIATELY, and will slam him paw over and over getting so frustrated, I have to laugh. His wanting to go outside, though, has more to do about barking at someone he sees walking in the park rather than peeing.

By the way, it was easy to train, it's part of Petsmart trick class. You give them treat for just touching the bell, and then finally for ringing the bell. He learned this immediately, and then I just asked him to ring the bell every time we went outside. Soon he was ringing it on his own.

Join today and remove this ad!