View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes_jd View Post
thats scary!!! poor baby!! man is it me? I just got her it will be 2 weeks tomorrow and she has ear mites which caused a yeast infection and now this!! what am I doing wrong?? I feel like a bad mommy!!
No No No, you are not a bad mommy!! If it is Anal glands causing her to drag her butt, it is a common thing to happen. Do a search on Anal Glands and read about it, I had no clue about this "problem" till I started researching before I got my Jeter. If you feel uncomfortable doing this yourself, the vet can also do it for you and some groomers will to when you take them to get groomed. As for the ear mites, she most likely came to you with those beings she has only been with you for 2 weeks!

If the puppy is having loose stools this could be other things wrong, you might want to get a stool sample over to the vet to check it out. A few weeks after I got Jeter home, he came down with Coccidia, wich my vet said can be caused by stress. I was switching his food at the time too so I thought that at first it was his new food. He was put on Albon for 3 weeks and I was told that I could keep him on it for one more week after he tested negative again just to avoid a relapse.

Keep us posted on your baby, I hope all gets better soon!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!