View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi! The harnesses you mention are made by Premier. I've personally used the Easy Walk (the one that attaches at the chest) and the Gentle Leader (the one that wraps around the nose). Both work well although some dogs do not enjoy the gentle leader. On my website I have the Easy Walk harnesses and the Wonder Walker (also by Premier) which is a 1-piece Gentle Leader style leash/halter combo that adjusts easily. I would recommend one of these two. While the Gentle Leader does wrap around the nose, I wouldn't recommend tugging on it to keep his head up. I would rather teach a command (like watch me) and carry treats to distract him. We do this with Loki since he likes to bark at the big dogs and today using a combo of "watch me" and a treat I was able to walk past a house with 2 bigs dogs in the yard without a single bark! (And, he has not been on a walk in months!) If you have any training questions please ask! I've done tons of training with Loki and it's so much fun!

Since your pup is only 5 months old he may grow out of the harnesses quickly. What size is he?

Here is the Easy Walk on my site.

Good luck! It sounds like you are off to a good start!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!