View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
shuber
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Feeling a little unappreciated

OK, so I should be having a great time at this point in my life. My oldest son is in college 800 miles away, my second son is "taking a year off" after high school so he has been staying at my ex-husbands house for a few months now, and I have two kids left at home, a 17 year old boy and a 14 year old girl. My son who still lives at home works with my current husband in the restaurant business so they are never home on weekends and my daughter is either with her friends, or talking to them...normal for a 14 year old. I have basically become the person they all come to when they have a problem, need money, etc.... Problem is, aside from that I'm invisible.

Here's the latest confirmation. My oldest son called me on Friday, he's supposed to be coming home for spring break and his car won't start. He tried a few things and can't get it started. He isn't allowed to stay on campus, so I wire him money for a train ticket so he can come home. I'm doing this all on my hour drive home from work. I drive last night 2 1/2 hours to the train station to pick him up, 2 1/2 hours back only to find out when I get back home with him at 3am this morning, he has a friend picking him up from my house to bring him to my ex-husbands house. why didn't he call my ex for help you ask? Because he's an incredible waste of skin and my son knows he wouldn't have helped. Now, maybe I'm feeling sorry for myself, but I was MAD Correct me if I'm wrong, and I would love to be wrong, but that just said to me "thanks for going crazy trying to get me home mom, but you're not important enough for me to spend my time here" I really feel like just telling them all " you're on your own, don't even call me anymore" but I know I can't. They are my kids after all.

Has anyone else had this experience before or am I just a horrible mother? How do you make them realize that you're not just a sounding board for problems or a pocketbook?

AT least I know my furbaby will never take me for granted. He's the only thing keeping me sane right now!
Thanks for letting me vent.

Mommy to Teddy and Misty and our newest addition - Wyatt
shuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!