View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:13 AM   #13
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
Oh yeah...i'm sure everyone outside of the Yorkie world think I'm a little crazy I have local friends that love their babies as much as I do which is great and it's so nice to be able to come here and be "normal" LOL. Actually, I went to a Houston YT meetup today! So much fun! You'll have to check out the regional forum and come to a meetup sometime. If you look under the big YorkieTalk.com banner at the top of the page, there is a row of words. Click on Regional and that will take you to the regional forums.

I really don't recommend buying from someone that purposely breeds for tiny yorkies. Most reputable breeders only breed females that are 5-7lbs (not under 4.5lbs). They stive to breed for dogs that will be 4-7lbs full grown. However, many of these breeders will occassionally have a tiny puppy. Breeders that purposely breed tiny dogs are not reputable in my opinion..they are breeding dogs that are too small and putting them at great risk. So, my advice is to look for reputable breeders (the YTCA site is a great place to start..there are some great breeders all over the country and Canada). Let the breeders know of your situation and that you are looking for a yorkie on the tiny side. If I was buying a puppy from a breeder that lived far away, I'd most likely fly to pick the puppy up and bring it back in the cabin with me.

A breeder should not be charging a lot more just because the dog is going to be tiny. I know some will charge a little more because smaller yorkies tend to be more desirable but it shouldnt be a thousand or so more. You'll be happy you went with a reputable breeder in the long run Good Luck
so smart for being so young !! lol - it was so good to meet you yesterday girl !!!
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!