View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyandMacy View Post
THANK ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE WELCOMED ME ON THIS SITE!! HOW WONDERFUL TO FIND OTHER PEOPLE THAT LOVE YORKIES AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Do your children, family, even friends think you are a little nuts too?? LOL

My 9 yr old yorkie, Macy is 5 1/2 to 6 lbs.....and I have had a neck fusion (cervial neck surgery, w/ a bone, metal plate, screws, etc., in my neck)..and am NOT suppose to pick up anything over 10 lbs....So I need a little female to be able to carry both of them on airplanes, going into stores, etc.. (yes, I have a pretty pink stroller, but only use that for trips, airplanes....not going in and out someplace).

Macy was raised with a Bichon Frise until 2 yrs. ago, and loved having another dog to play with, kiss, lick, etc...especially run around with in my big backyard.

Macy loves to cuddle, snuggle, etc., BUT ON HER TERMS!! She is NOT a lap baby, which I am hoping to find with this new little girl. I am wanting a female yorkie, as I have had male yorkies that were NEVER housetrained!!

I have talked with breeders who have bred females at 4 lbs....even some under 4 lbs. There are some locally that will be close to 4 lbs., but they are between $2,000 and $3,500...which surprised me.

HAVE ANY OF YOU ORDERED YOUR YORKIE ON THE NET.....AND HAD THEM SHIPPED TO YOU? If so, and the price is reasonable, please let me know. I have heard of too many scams...(money sent, dog never arrived).

Plus, I want a dog that acts like Macy.....can be very laid back when at home, but loves other people, other animals, and is SO QUIET WHEN AT A STORE, RESTAURANT, EVEN AIRPLANES....(that is how I can get her inside so many places!!) WANT AN AFFECTIONATE, CUDDLER, LAP BABY!!

I don't spend much time on the computer, due to my neck injury....and don't work....I AM A PHONE PERSON....

IF ANY OF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK TO ANOTHER PERSON OBSESSED WITH YORKIES (LOL), I AM PUTTING MY PHONE # ON HERE....I CAN CALL YOU BACK IF YOU DON'T HAVE FREE LONG DISTANCE.

I will gladly send many pictures to ANYONE that may have a little female.....to show Macy, in her many dresses, her stroller, on airplanes, etc...to see that MACY IS MY WORLD!!

Thanks again....this is a GREAT SITE!

Candy.....Beaumont, Tx.......409-656-3736
Oh yeah...i'm sure everyone outside of the Yorkie world think I'm a little crazy I have local friends that love their babies as much as I do which is great and it's so nice to be able to come here and be "normal" LOL. Actually, I went to a Houston YT meetup today! So much fun! You'll have to check out the regional forum and come to a meetup sometime. If you look under the big YorkieTalk.com banner at the top of the page, there is a row of words. Click on Regional and that will take you to the regional forums.

I really don't recommend buying from someone that purposely breeds for tiny yorkies. Most reputable breeders only breed females that are 5-7lbs (not under 4.5lbs). They stive to breed for dogs that will be 4-7lbs full grown. However, many of these breeders will occassionally have a tiny puppy. Breeders that purposely breed tiny dogs are not reputable in my opinion..they are breeding dogs that are too small and putting them at great risk. So, my advice is to look for reputable breeders (the YTCA site is a great place to start..there are some great breeders all over the country and Canada). Let the breeders know of your situation and that you are looking for a yorkie on the tiny side. If I was buying a puppy from a breeder that lived far away, I'd most likely fly to pick the puppy up and bring it back in the cabin with me.

A breeder should not be charging a lot more just because the dog is going to be tiny. I know some will charge a little more because smaller yorkies tend to be more desirable but it shouldnt be a thousand or so more. You'll be happy you went with a reputable breeder in the long run Good Luck

Last edited by MyFairLacy; 03-01-2008 at 11:24 PM.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!