View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
For My Coby
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default I do! I do!!

We have Reggie, an 11 year old Shih Tzu and Coby, a 1 year old Yorkie. They are the best of buds.

The two breeds to me are so interesting together - they are polar opposites in energy levels for the most part. When we got Reggie, I researched extensively for a dog that would go with a family with two young children who were always on the go to school and sports functions.... needed a dog that needed to be loved, had energy with kids, but who was not demanding. Shih Tzu's adjust nicely to whatever energy level your family already has. A Shih Tzu fit the bill perfectly. And now that our kids are in college and we're home a lot more, we could get the Yorkie we always wanted!

Coby has definitely gotten Reggie up off the couch a lot more, so that's really good. And Coby is "fairly" good at realizing when ol' Reg has had enough.

Off topic a bit, but Reggie has always hated the groomer, but since getting Coby, our groomer can't believe the change in Reg. He actually walks in under his own power now and is much better adjusted. I think being the dominant big brother in the relationship has been really good for him.

So ... in my humble opinion..... these are the BEST two small dog breeds. And they seem to compliment each other so well. Reggie keeps Coby calmer and Coby keeps Reggie younger.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a Yorkie and a Shih Tzu?-reggie2.jpg   Does anyone have a Yorkie and a Shih Tzu?-coby.jpg  

Last edited by For My Coby; 03-01-2008 at 06:56 PM.
For My Coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!