View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
miss_marley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Freak accident...

So this morning, after puppy class, I was putting Marley into her crate to go home. It's one of those ones that open from the top, and I was wearing my jacket, which has 'J's as zipper pulls at the end. Somehow, I have NO idea how, the j hooked into her eyelid. I felt it was hooked on something, but I didn't know what it was, I thought it was her sweater or something. I pulled her out, and I saw it was her eye. I was trying desperately to get it out, but she was screaming and pulling away, and panicking. I was calling for someone to come help, because I was wearing the jacket and it was nearly impossible for me to get it out, but no one heard me. Finally, after minutes, it miraculously came out, I have no idea how. I was (and still am when I think about it) so upset.
I called the vet right away from my cellphone, and brought her straight there. They examined her eye, and figured out that it was stuck in her upper lid, the tissue there is dented, but luckily not torn, and there doesn't seem to be any damage to her eye. The lid is extremely swollen, and she's on eye drops and another medication, but thankfully it's not more serious.
This poor puppy, she has the worst luck. What were the chances of this happening?
I'm attaching a picture of what the 'j's are like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Juicy_couture_fairytale.jpg (8.8 KB, 55 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!