View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
milesmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your responses. He is pooping and peeing normally, so no issue there. He was cut short, which is what I usually have done when he goes, but it never occurred to me that he could just be cold. It is very cold here in the Pocono Mountains, but the house is warm, and he only goes out once or twice a day, the rest of the time he has a wee wee pad to use, because he hates the snow. When we aren't home he is kept in my bathroom which has a heated tile floor and is just above the living room where the gas stove is, so he is toasty warm.

He is 13 months old and has gone to this groomer since we got him at about 6months of age. She is a terrific groomer, and really felt so bad about what happened. I take him every 3 weeks and there has never been an issue. I don't like bathing him at home because he loves to rub himself across the carpeting after a bath, which results in instant mats, and he hates it when I try to blowdry him. I don't think I would ever be comfortable grooming him myself, I would be afraid of cutting him. I am not the most graceful person in the world, and I am dangerous around sharp objects (I have the scars to prove it).

We ran out for lunch and when we came home he was his old self, barking and jumping to welcome us back, then about 5 mins later he did his funny walk and ran back into his crate where he is sleeping. I think he just needs some space and time to get over it. He forgets about everything when one of my cats walks by and he chases her barking so loud that the poor cats run and hiss (this is another issue that I need to post about sometime ).

Thanks again for all your comments. I will check back in and let you all know how he is doing. I am giving him lots of love and hugs and kisses and hope that is all he needs to recover from this trauma. He is my baby and it breaks my heart when he isn't his happy usual self.
milesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!