View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
izzy816
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Hi Karla - if Izzy isn't noticably better by tomorrow, I would take him back for a stool sample. The vet should have done one. You don't physically have to take a sample in either, they have a little "tool" where they can take one while you are there.

His symptoms sound a lot like Giardia (unfortunately, we have experience here). With as much snow as we have had and the ground being wet, it would be very easy for him to get it this time of year if he goes outside. Is he eating the kibble the vet gave you? If his tummy seems to still be upset, get some plain or vanilla lowfat yogurt (I like Stoneyfield organice or Dannon Naturals) and give him some. That is how we got started on yogurt for breakfast with my girls.

Hope he is better soon & hope to see you soon, too!!!!
Thank you Jodie...I just read about Giardia and you are probably right. He has been outside and when I would go and clean the car off, he would lick the snow from my boots...yuck! He ate a little bit of the kibble last night and this morning...and he has not thrown up. I will try the yogurt... I do give it to him occasionally and he loves it! Right now hes napping...i think he feels better that im at home with him... ive been busy working all week! I will keep you guys posted!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!