View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #13
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterandalana View Post
i am just starting out on a raw diet for dexter also...if you are feeding just the beef maybe feed an egg with shell also? someone correct me if im wrong, but i thought i read that if you can feed bone to suppliment with egg shell....dexter loves tham anyway!

as myfairlacy said above, dexters poops are almost white now that im feeding raw and others ive talked to say the same thing. if your babies is very dark, there may be an underlying problem..

i hope you get some help on this. i know none of us like to see our babies with upset tummies
I know a lot of homecookers use egg shells, but they crush them up into a fine powder. I've never done the eggs (although the NV medallions have eggs in them). I think I read somewhere that in the wild a dog would eat a freshly-layed egg (if it got ahold of one)...the shell is much softer in a fresh egg, whereas it is harder (and sharper) in the eggs we buy from the store. Carnivores have a special tough lining in their stomach and first part of their intestines because of the bones they ingest, but egg shells are pretty thin and sharp
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!