View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
coroth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I actually am home a lot...I live VERY close to my university and I work while my parents are home. They are only frusterated because Lexie is confined to the kitchen and living room. They are one big room...and they hate having to jump gates so my mom took the gate down and Lexie literally ran out there and peed. It was like she was DYING to pee on the carpet...and we just got new carpeting. I do spend every minute with Lexie that I'm home but the minute I'm at school or at work my parents are in charge. They really don't mind being in charge since our other yorkie plays with her, but they don't get that she doesn't ASK to go out. I understand that it will be a long time, I'm not frusterated at all about it. Patience is key in my eyes...but my dad is the one with the issue. I sat down and talked to him earlier and we decided with my mom that he is going to have nothing to do with her. It may sound harsh but trust me...its best.

I've tried an x-pen but Lexie is a little escape artist...she has a kennel she sleeps in and spends 2-3 hours a day in while I'm at school.

I really think she'll catch on soon...and now that I've gotten my dad to ignore her I think it will all be just a little bit easier...
coroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!