View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samNsamantha View Post
We bought those shoes for our furbabies as we want their paws clean all the time (they sleep on the bed with us), just like we can't imagine walking on the streets barefooted. Anyway, when we take them out for a walk, most people are awed by it and they get some attention, but SOME folks give us some look of disgusts and unbeliefs that they think we are killing our babies. There was even this one lady who blurted out "let them be dogs... dogs wear no shoes" - yup, she's got a point there... but it ain't her dogs, it's ours. My babies do not look like they feel any discomfort wearing them as they have gotten so used to them that they get blisters if they walk barefoot (one time we did make them walk barefoot as we figured we are going to give them a bath that evening.). Anyway, we are battling with some issues here and we just want to do the right thing for our babies... please shed us some lights... P.S. we posted a video with them wearing shoes - altho' that video was taken by someone else & posted in on youtube, much to our pleasant surprise.
i don't think there is anything wrong with shoes... Layla won't wear them.. but i know her feet must get cold with the weather we get here.... but at the same time.. their pads are meant to be able to withstnad the elements.. but i'm sure in California your roads can get VERY hot.. and if it isn't something i can put my feet on. why should a dog have to.. if i were you i'd just tell them straight up it's shoes or blisters.. we aren't trying to make a fahsion statement (the fact that they look cute is just a bonus)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!