Thread: My Vegas woes!
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #13
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

We rented an SUV and drove to Vegas so the dogs could come along. We took my husbands family to Hoover Dam. The last time we were there they didn't have the parking garage. That was a plus, and the face lift and new souviner store was nice, but the snack bar hadn't changed. The prices were horrible. $3.50 for a small coke and $6.00 for a plain hot dog. They put in a new little stand that sold soft swirl and I got one that was really sour. When I took it back (after only one lick) the man argued with me that no one else has complained. There were 4 people that were with a tour group who had just bought a soft swirl and when they tasted theirs, they said theirs was sour too and got their money back. The man was so mad at everyone, what a jerk.
Next, I didn't want to walk across the dam (seen it before) so I sat alone at the outdoor patio with my expensive coke and magazine. Some man stood by the railing stairing at me and two REALLY BIG (buff) guys saw this and kept an eye on him. When the guy moved closer to me and kept stairing, I was one second away from going over to sit with those two Hulks when one said loudly...."what is he looking at" and the weird looking dude went into the gift shop. My husband had just come back to be with me and missed this by seconds. The big guys told my husband to stay with me because of what they saw. I then pointed out the wierd guy to him when he came out of the gift shop. I'm telling you, it was not a good time for us all the way around!
Nope, I'll stay out of the desert from now on. Yes, I do know there is crime everywhere, but some places more than others and getting worse.
Yorkiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!