View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
lopresm
YT Addict

I would suggest that you do not have your parents participate in the training of your pup, if possible.

Two months old is very young and your pup will probably not be housebroken for a while longer.

We found that walking on the harness/leash was the ticket to housebreaking. We brought the pup to the area we wanted him to use and he had lots of room to sniff around on the retractable leash.

This took many many many trips outside, regardless of the weather. Our pup got used to his raincoat, sweaters, etc., and we bought new outdoor gear ourselves.

I believe all of our hard work has paid off, but even now we watch his schedule so that we don't permit him to make "mistakes".

Consistency and praise are all you need. Your parents tactics do not work. You must be very vigilant so that your pup does not relieve himself in the house. Take him out after he eats, plays, drinks water, wakes from a nap, etc., in other words, very very often!

Lots of good luck. Don't fight with your parents. I am sure they mean well. Do not give the pups the opportunity to make mistakes. When you can't supervise them, put them in their crates. Then take them outside immediately to relieve themselves.

Hope this is helpful.
lopresm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!