View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
coroth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Very long but I really need help...a little life maybe at stake...

Sorry for how long this is!

My parents are going MAD!!! We have had Lexie for almost 2 months and she is at a stand still when it comes to potty training. She will go outside...if we bring her outside but she doesn't tell us she has to go...she just walks around and if we don't read her mind she'll go where she wants to go. With Beau he literally took a few weeks to potty train so they don't understand that yorkies are harder to potty train. Anyways, my dad is a very traditional kinda guy and he still believes in HITTING dogs with newspapers and rubbing their noses in their accidents!! He doesn't do this to any of my dogs but he told me this morning that if I can't potty train her by mid-March he was going to train her HIS way...we got in a SCREAMING match about it and he told me that if I don't like it I can move out. I TOTALLY wish I could move out but I can't...I'm a full time student and I only work 16 hours a week...I can't pay for an apartment on that! I don't know what to do!! I can't explain to Lexie the problem...so she doesn't know what is on the line but I don't think I can handle watching him do that to her. I honestly think I would freak out and hit him.

I need help NOW!! Both of my parents totally don't understand and I'm pretty sure they are jealous of Lexie and Beau because they get most of my attention and I'm afraid that Lexie will become petrified of people and maybe even aggressive. She is VERY sensative as it is...

I've tried pee pads and that didn't work. I talked to my parents about diapers and about getting a bell and they both believe that "she should just act like a normal dog and bark when she has to go out". They told me that I can't get either of those (diapers or bells) because that would be a "waste of money". They HATE when I buy clothes for them or spend more than the average $14 on commercial dog food because "only my dogs get that...if it wasn't okay then every dog in America would be on that food..." I actually need to sneak around when I buy things for them.

I brought Beau to obedience and my parents undid everything I taught him!! I taught him to sit by the door and wait on command before he goes outside so that he goes out on MY terms...well my parents NEVER did this when they let him out so now he doesn't do it and looks really confused when I tell him to wait.

Sorry this is so long but I had to vent so you can get a feel for how ignorant my parents are when it comes to dogs. Please help...
coroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!