View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #54
mizzwanned
Donating YT 11K Club Member

I personally would never keep a dog outside, big or small. I would want the dog to feel like he is part of the family, if he liked being outside i would let him be able to go in and out as he pleased, but only if he was a really big dog. I would never let my dog outside unsupervised, too many things out there. I know my dogs love the outside but only for a certain amount of time and dependsing the weather. When i stayed at my dad's in LI last yr i had Teddy and London with me. Every morning Teddy would scratch the screen door to go to the back yard, he loved it! And i stayed out there with him until he finished running and playing. When he got tired he would go to the door for us to go back in. It was so cute. I feel so bad when i see dogs kept only outside, they look so sad. This winter on my way to school on the LIRR i saw a Rotweiler chained up in a backyard, and it was cold. He looked miserable. It is terrible to keep a dog outside when the weather is bad and hate ppl that do it. But if the dog is loved very much, given shelter, food, water and is able to go inside when he pleases i think it's okay. I do not like the idea of them staying only outside though. Too many things can happen.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!