View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #13
CollegeCutieUSF
Mom to Biggie & Capone
Donating Member

Default sorry for the long post....just need to vent!

Thanks everyone I can definately user all the prayers and crossed fingers I can get! lol. I'm just so down in the dumps over this. My bosses said they tried so hard to keep me, but ulitmately, it's corporate that makes the decisions, not them. They said they're going to give me A+++ references and will call/meet with whomever I need them to. They also said they will call around to their connections and see if anyone is hiring.

I can't really say this came as a surprise...about 2 months ago, they had a huge layoff day....they let go 15+ employees and closed down 4 offices. They previously had about 6 or 7 other people doing my job in different offices, and eventhough I had only beent here 4 months at the time, they leteverone go, except for me and 2 other girls (both of which have been working there for years). The company is spread across the US....but after today, they will have closed 2 more offices....making it about 6 now from 12 previously.

I'm definately upset, but I have severence pay, plus I get my regular paycheck next week....which is good, because I have student loans to pay bay (which I will have to defer now) and I have rent and bills. I'm just trying to remain positive, since evrything happens for a reason.

At least on the bright side, I will be getting paid to stay home w/ Mr. Biggs and the puppy, I'll finally get back on track with working out.... since I won't have much else to do. Oh, and I'll definately be on YT alot! I'm going to start updating my resume this weekend and hope to have it done on Monday. My bosses all said they'd give me great recomendations, so I'm ging to make sure and get letters from them on monday. (do people still like to see letters? or should I just have their contact info on my resume?)

Also, if any of you have any resume tips, it would be greatly apreciated! Also, which sites are best for job hunting? I want to focus my time in places where my resume won't be one of 500. lol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!