Thread: Walking help
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Walking help

Meeko is a very good dog. I've really been soo lucky. I feel horrible complaining about his being too friendly, when I know i should be thankful he isnt frightened easily or mean. I am thankful, I love how he's so nice. But, when we're outside on our walks and when we see a person or another dog he goes bizzerk. I want him to be friendly and wanna greet people but is there a way I can tame him a lil bit.

I asked the trainers in Petsmart and they said to have him sit first. He knows how to sit but when he sees a person or a dog he doesnt hear a word i say. He doesnt even respond to his name. He HAS to go say hi. She also said to ask people not to say hello to him till he's sitting and i tried that but he wont he just tries so hard to say hi and jumps. After i while i get scared he'll choke himself and give in. Other times i find it hard to say that to strangers, i dont wanna be rude when they're being nice coming up to say hi. some people will see him being cute and friendly and give me a face and walk away. He's completely friendly, he'll jump a little but thats just so he can give you a kiss. He's such a lover and a ladies' man.

If anyone has another approach to calming him down outside i'd really appreciate it! thanks in advance!
silyjillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!