Thread: I am appalled.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Default I am appalled.

Sorry about the multiple posts today guys but I feel like I need some back-up here.

Another member on YT recently adopted a female Yorkie from a local rescue. I've been looking for a playmate for Franklin so I contacted her and asked her for information. There was one little girl left: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10309376

The description said she was 8 years old and needed lots of TLC. Well, I assumed that just meant someone who loved her and would treat her well, instead of trying to make a profit off of her. Plus, 8 is NOT that old for a Yorkie, so I figured she'd make a calm pet that could still play. It's not like she's injured or badly (physically) abused, aside from coming from a puppy mill.

I decided I was interested and e-mailed them, letting them know my situation and that I could possibly provide a loving home for her. Here's what I got in response:

"I do not think Donnetta needs a 4 month old puppy, she is 8 yrs old and needs a quiet slow existence not to be bugged by a pppy wanting to play all th time, she has served her puppy time. Thanks"

Maybe I'm just sensitive, but that came off completely rude and impolite. I understand maybe she wouldn't be the best match for us, but he/she could have stated that in a much more polite way, especially when dealing with (essentially) a client! I am simply trying to do a good thing by giving a dog in need a home. It's not like I'm trying to get a free Yorkie!

I was irked and let my anger get the best of me and I e-mailed them back, saying that the rudeness was uncalled for and that they should think about being more professional in the future. This is what I got back:

"I do not think I was rude??? Simply telling you she did not need to be bugged by a puppy all the time, it clearly states she needs a quiet adult home?? Don't be so sensitive."

EXCUSE ME?!

Am I being overly emotional or is this a rational response?

I will think twice before contacting this rescue again. I am disappointed.

Last edited by PrincessDiana; 02-27-2008 at 06:42 PM.
PrincessDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!