View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
love_me_cody
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I only wish I could get my dogs shots and testing done as cheap as you seem to think we breeders do. Bile acid tests for my dogs, breeding and puppies run $75.00 per dog/pup, health test for legs and general health runs 100.00 per dog/pup, tail docking/dew claws on newborn pups are 25.00 per pup. Blood tests run 80 to 150 per animal. I get my puppies micro chipped and that runs 35 per animal. When I get my females checked prior to breeding it costs me about 150.00 then there are x-rays prior to birth at 70-120, and if it is going to be a C-section the blood tests each day to check if pup is ready to be born that is 55.00 each day. My last puppy that was a C-section cost me over 1800.00 by the time it was born, add to that 3 sets of puppy shots and micro chipping and that pup will have cost me approx 2300.00 for a single puppy. NOw if I were to sell this puppy, I sell my pets at 1200.00 so I really make a great profit, right. Only this pup is being kept to see if she will be a show dog, as that is the whole reason that I bred in the first place.

Oh, and I live in NW Indiana.
Um.... OKAAAAAY?.. all I asked was for someone to say the price they pay when dealing with test (I didn't said anything about the puppies) and their location. And have you not read the other posts? I said those prices as an example and so it is around the prices that they have mentioned..... It's great you are willing to pay all of that for a puppy. Again, I don't know why I needed to know this...

And to add, NO ONE said you made a profit. The someone said that a lot of breeders do and she said an example. Someone (I think it was you) said that they had to get test done and include things for the puppy and at the end you don't make anything. All that that person mentioned in the post (saying they paid for crate, blankets, shots, etc.) I had did an average of cost and at the end it was still a profit. And even if you sell the that one puppy less than what you spent on him/her you still can off set it or make a profit from a different litter.....

Maybe you are referring about the thread that is now close? If so, It is close for a reason....
You didn't need to change the subject in this thread. Everyone was getting a long fine. I hope Admin. can delete the off topic posts....
love_me_cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!