Old 02-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Little Bit
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0rkiesR0ck View Post
hi everyone!

does anyone use pooch pads from petsmart? they are washable pee/poop pads. i read reviews on the petsmart website, and everyone that bought them seemed to love them (5 out of 5 stars), but they are between $15 and $40 depending on what size you buy and whether you buy a single or two-pack. i just don't want to waste the money.

also, what do you guys think about buying one of those litter trays for dogs and putting the pad in the tray instead of litter? this way, Kash will have a semi-closed off space to go potty, and it may reduce the chances of him trying to "play" with the pad.

thanks in advance!

I make washable potty pads that are not as expensive as the Pooch Pads. Check out the link in my signature.

As for putting them in a litter box, I know some have done it this way to avoid peeing on the side or just off the pad.

Another thing you could do if it is a problem with where they pee is to put a coke bottle filled with water or sand for weight in the middle and it gives him something to aim for. About playing with the pad some still may, but usually the heaviness of the pee pads (the washable ones) make them not so fun to play with and they learn to leave them alone except to use them for what they are intended.

Hope this helps!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!