View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #10
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerwit View Post
I picked up Alphy last week from the groomers and he just feels so boney. He doesn't look it but he feels it. He's 9lbs. He has a waist. If you feel down his ribs at the end he has these points, one on each side, that kinda creep me out to feel it. And to pet his back i can feel his spine, although again you can't see it.

I think with the loss of Abby his appetite has been hit and miss. Last week he seemed to be scarfing up the food and now not so much. I started giving him a scrambled egg occassionally in the morning and some cottage cheese in the evenings. Tons of treats lately too, yorkie yummies, yogurt drops, and honey nut cheerios.

any idea to put a little chunk on him?
Alphy is probably at his proper weight. I know exactly what pointed bone you are talking about because my boy has them too and he is at an ideal weight. I read recently that the protruding bone at the top of the last rib is common and on some dogs it protrudes more than others. If you are really concerned and want to put a little weight on him then I recommend the Natural Balance Lamb and Rice dog food rolls sold at Petco. My dogs are crazy about it and you can grate it in their food or give it as a treat.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!