View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #19
Baron
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_me_cody View Post
LOL... Do anybody mind saying how much they had to pay and state their city and state?

I know that it depends on many factors but if you can state the price you had to pay in your area maybe we all can get a feel about the prices in your area.... And it doesn't have to be exact. ... like, a little over $200 for this, $75 for that.... (you gotta love the smileys!)
I only wish I could get my dogs shots and testing done as cheap as you seem to think we breeders do. Bile acid tests for my dogs, breeding and puppies run $75.00 per dog/pup, health test for legs and general health runs 100.00 per dog/pup, tail docking/dew claws on newborn pups are 25.00 per pup. Blood tests run 80 to 150 per animal. I get my puppies micro chipped and that runs 35 per animal. When I get my females checked prior to breeding it costs me about 150.00 then there are x-rays prior to birth at 70-120, and if it is going to be a C-section the blood tests each day to check if pup is ready to be born that is 55.00 each day. My last puppy that was a C-section cost me over 1800.00 by the time it was born, add to that 3 sets of puppy shots and micro chipping and that pup will have cost me approx 2300.00 for a single puppy. NOw if I were to sell this puppy, I sell my pets at 1200.00 so I really make a great profit, right. Only this pup is being kept to see if she will be a show dog, as that is the whole reason that I bred in the first place.

Oh, and I live in NW Indiana.

Last edited by Baron; 02-27-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: adding location
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!