Thread: Titers
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
If the titers are good (even after three years), why would you still vaccinate? If a dog has sufficient antibodies, why vaccinate? Just curious what your reason for this is (besides that it's what your vet wants to do)?

I plan to do titers on my pets from now on. My youngest cat will get her 1 year boosters this year and we'll do that, but Lacy, my older cat, and my younger cat will have titers done from now on. As long as they are protected, I personally won't be vaccinating them period. I know I'll learn more about evaluating an individual animal's risk for actually contracting a disease while in school, and I plan to only vaccinate my pets for what I feel like they are actually at risk for from now on.

As a vet, I'm really going to try and look at each animal individually and talk to their owner about each vaccine. I will highly suggest yearly titers instead of revaccination as well...I just think overvaccinating pets is such a bad thing.

I totally agree but her vet office vaccinates all animals every year and I have to be happy just to do them every three instead... It isn't my choice and I like the vet too much to switch.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!