View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #7
stormchaser
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgin's Mom
Bloody diarrhea can be a symptom of coccidiosis, not uncommon in pups, and it should be treated promptly! Has the vet looked at a fecal sample under the microscope? This showed up in our Higgins shortly after we got him at 7 1/2 weeks of age and the vet treated him with antibiotics and checked his stools every week to make sure we got rid of it all. Blood in the stool is NOT a good thing, so if your vet has not checked your Yorkie's stool under a microscope and followed it up, go to a vet who will. By the way, Higgins medicine was butterscotch flavored and he used to BEG for it! The vet told us that they have discovered that dogs like butterscotch flavor the best......

Welcome to Yorkies and Yorkie Talk! We're really glad you're here!
Thanks for the advice. My vet did tell me that although that he had checked for coccidiosis twice that it didnt always show up so maybe i just need to suggest that he put her on antibiotics just to be on the safe side of things. Better to be safe than sorry i would think. As for as how much she eats she will literally eat as much as we put down for her she really eats well and is very very active so that leads me to think that the problem with her stool isnt a serious one put i will have it checked again just to make sure. I really appreciate the advice very much and wish you a great day ......... thanks
stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!