View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
mascot
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Crapola, I'm an idiot!!!!!

Hi, it's Dot again... I am Mascot's mom. I have had Mascot for 8 weeks now. I bought him from a pet store, yes you read correctly, a pet store.... which as dumb as this may sound I didn't think that was a bad thing until reading on here. The only thing I knew was they had a sign that said we do not sell puppy mill pups. Our pups come from reputable breeders. (That should've been a red flag huh?) Well I thought oh good! So I buy the puppy, and I make sure to get all the breeders information so I can call them. (Why didn't I know that good breeders would never sell their babies to a pet store?) Well after I got Mascot home he has been sick. I did a post on that. He has Yeast, he has Giardia, and he had tape worms. We are going through our 2nd round of meds now with the Giardia.... (what a booger to get rid of.) I know you are reading this thinking what an idiot!!! Believe you me, I feel like one for sure! I love Mascot.... he has such spunk and attitude.... so cute. I would never give him back. I guess I just needed to get it of my chest. I live in a small NC town and I thought the "pet stores" with the "puppy mill dogs" would be in big cities in the mall or something. I am so dumb. I pray he doesn't have problems as he grows.... but I read all the stuff that can go wrong on here and I thik oh Lord what am I in for? Has anyone ever made this dumb mistake and purchased a puppy store pet and the puppy was fine in the end? Please somebody tell me he can be perfectly normal and not have genetic defects.... I will love him either way but I have been reading about Boy Bleu's situation and I'm thinking man, her dog was from a breeder.... ok, now I am babling, let me post this and see what comes of it. Thanks ahead of time.... Dot
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!