View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
IluvLucy
Lovin' Lucy & Rebel
Donating Member

Default My best friend's chiuaua was attacked!!

By a loose pit bull I am sooooo angry!! Lulu is a 6 lb 12 year old chiuaua who is owned by my best friend. She and her chiuaua brother Peanut were in their own backyard with my friend's husband.

A pitbull in the neighborhood got Lulu before Brian could do ANYTHING.

Then, her local vet couldn't be reached and she had to drive over an hour to an ER vet with Lulu screaming in Brian's lap. The pit tore her tail off and ripped a hunk out of her tiny hip

She had to have surgery and my friends were there all night until 6 a.m. before she came out of the surgery and they were assured she would be all right.

My friends called the sheriff and animal control and they did NOTHING!! They said unless they could PROVE which dog did it, there was nothing they could do ( Brian identified the dog that did it) and the dog is still out there in their neighborhood running free. (What did they want - Lulu's dead, limp body in it's mouth as proof? ) There are small children in the area. What's going to happen next!

Now Lulu is being comforted and loved on and will be all right eventually, but she won't even go to the door anymore and Peanut doesn't want to go outside at all.

I am so angry - what's wrong with people who won't keep their animals under control and on their own property??

I'm sorry - I know this is long - but I had to get this out.

Please pray for little Lulu. She is my friend's heart.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!