Thread: Please Help!!??
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
YorkieLvr
Yorkie Yakker

Thumbs up Big Thanks!!!

UPDATE:

THANK YOU all so much!!! You have NO IDEA how grossed out I still am. I have goose bumps the size of olives just sitting here thinking about it. I took your advice and called my Vet first thing this AM. I was reassured that I should have no worries. However....she was very happy that I bathed them right away. I can only imagine what my neighbors must have thought (if they saw all our lights on at that hour and screams coming from every room, yes! I was running and screaming like a nutcase!). Just seeing that horrid ugly critter was too much !!

I am very sure that the babies did not kill the rat although I'm not sure if it was there more than one day . Even though we let them out in our own backyard we still never leave them unattended, not even for a second out there. So at least I have that peace of mind....but still....***shivers***

I feel bad for my poor little girl because I think she is really confused. She is so used to being hugged and kissed and is devastated! But I still haven't been able to give the babies their morning cuddle, because I can't stop thinking about how my little one was stradled over the rat.... sniffing it...****ewww*** ...okay...maybe just ONE more bath!!??

The gardener is coming today to get rid of it (my hubby is out of town) and once they leave I will go out and bleach the entire patio area. I guess living on a farm is out of the question for me... hehehe...

Also noticed that our next door neighbors have a rodent trap on their retaining wall which is about 12 feet up from our yard, so it's not a concern for the Yorkies. It's a black plastic thingy that I thought trapped the rodents, but I guess not. So I'll have to do some investigating on that.

I also decided to take BuggieMom's advice and think of it dying from 'falling into a bucket of industrial disinfectant'

Thank you again for all your great advice and support with my anxieties and OCD issues ....okay...now I'm off to bathe the kids and then myself!! It's just too gross!!!

YorkieLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!