View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellbuzz07 View Post
no, you're probably gonna get on me for this but she is eating K/D... and some L/D dry during the dry.. she was eating the L/D before surgery and since surgery she's been mostly eating the K/D... should i try the RC 14? i still have a month til' her bile test.. do you think it's the food?
Did the itching start when she went on the K/D and L/D?
Science Diet is fine when you need to feed a prescription diet (I mean gross but fine...what are you gonna do, you know?). I would NOT change to Royal Canin if the Science Diet is giving her itchies because the RC might make it way worse. Ellie was on it and had the itchies like crazy.

Why is she on K/D though (I know it can be used because it is low protein..)? It has pork in it which isn't the best thing to feed a liver compromised dog.
If I had to feed Science Diet it would be CANNED L/D and if I had to feed kibble it would be Royal Canin LS 14 (which as I said before causes itchies so it might not work in this case).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sci Diet is causing the itchies but I don't know what to say really because it is either that, Natural Balance Vegetarian (which I don't know if that would work in your case), another low protein food with the right ingredients or homecooking which takes a lot of research or a nutritionist.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!