View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
bjgb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049 My Baby Girl won't stop barking! Help!

We adopted our baby in January. She is 4 months old and completely precious to us! She is almost housebroken. Barks whenever I ask her if she needs to go potty. She is a very very smart puppy. Our only issue with her is she barks when she is in her crate. We even let her sleep w/ us now out of frustration with her barking at night. It seems to be working out. She sleeps thru the entire night. We just need advice on how to handle the barking while she is in her crate. We put her in when we are getting ready for work in the mornings and also in the evening when we have things we need to do around the house. She will whine and bark the entire time that she is crated. What should frustrated puppy parents do? Please help us. We have also tried the citronella collars, the water bottle, and now also the coins in can. nothing is working. The only thing that makes her stop her barking is when my husband yells at her to be quiet. She only responds to that. We don't wish to yell at our baby, so what is another alternative to this? Thanks!
bjgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!