Thread: Please Help!!??
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
YorkieLvr
Yorkie Yakker

Default Please Help!!??

I don't know where to post this...so I'm posting here...but I'm FREAKING out and hoping someone can give me advice? All day today as I've let the Yorkie babies outside, they kept going over to a tree and snifing. I didn't think anything of it since they always sniff around the yard. Well tonight as always, before bed I let them out once more and again they went over to this tree and were sniffing....after a few minutes (and I was cold and tired) I yelled at them to come inside, but the one totally ignorned me, just kept sniffing. I went over to her and that is when I FLIPPED OUT when I saw her leaning over a HUGE dead RAT...her head down sniffing it all over. All I could do was scream and jump up and down. I never saw a rat up that close and ewwwwwwwww it is more disgusting than I imagined. I'm still shivering and have goose bumps just writing this. Finally my dogs came in and they were both hysterical barking at me...I guess because they saw me jumping and screaming even after I got in the house. I threw them in the tub and gave them a quick bath but my question is...is that enough?? Should I use a disinfecting shampoo? and how do I know if they got any parasites from it? I'm not even sure how long it was there dead. My other huge fear is that what if they licked it...eewwwww! I fear this because these two Yorkies are always in my lap, sleeping in my bed and are extremely affectionate with loads of kisses every morning right on the lips. I just fear that we can all get sick? If I need to disinfect us all.... HOW? I don't know what to do and I'm sick to my stomach after seeing the Rat. Since it is 3AM I am going to go to sleep but will wash them again first thing in the AM and hopfully someone here can give me some advice or at least some peace of mind on how we can feel clean again. Tomorrow I am ripping out all the bedding and washing it in extra hot water and washing all my floors with bleach (I don't care) I want to feel sanitized. Anyway...sorry for ranting...I'm just too grossed out.
Thanks in Advance!
YorkieLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!