View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #9
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

No it's not really any of those reasons. I already have 6 dogs (5 yorkies and a poodle mix) All are spayed or nuetered except one of my girls who I think is a great representation of the breed, She does have champion lines but they are 4th generation. Actually her grandfather I think just got his championship recently as well. I don't think I could show her because I don't live in an area where they have a yorkie club. They do have a small dog fancier's club here that used to sponser dog shows here at least once a year, but they cancelled this year and they seem to be gravitating more towards herding dogs. I am basically looking down the road a ways because I really would love to show at some time. I love this breed and would love to experience showing with the best possible representation. I own both the mom and dad to the one I am speaking of. Neither were sold as "show quality" but both have champion lines. When we bought the mom, the breeder told me she was planning to keep her back to possibly show her, but they were getting ready to move into a new home and she didn't have the time right then. That is why she sold her. The parents to the mom were both well on thier way to thier championships. I don't know that they have gotten them yet. Both of mine are now fixed after the mom had a c-section with this litter. but that being said, the little girl who is now 10 months old is gorgeous. I don't know if she is close enough to the standard to show, but I am thinking of getting her evaluated. My vet who used to raise yorkies keeps telling me that she is nice enough to show. So basically it is just a theoretical question at this time.

Last edited by Sunnie; 02-26-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Sunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!