View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
SweetPea53
~Izzie~ My Lil' Sweetie
Donating Member

Confused Help...At Wits Ends Here...

My lil one just turned a year old...she is in an xpen during the day while I'm at work and at night after I go to bed....here is my problem...I let her out of her xpen in the morning before I go to work and then in the evening she is also out and has the full run of the downstairs....I have pottypads in place for her in my living room which she uses without any problem for pooping....my problem is that she will not use them to potty..she always chooses to go on the carpet...can anyone give me any suggestions/input on how/what I can do to get her to learn that the potty pad is not for pooping only, but for pottying also..she does great in her xpen during the day pottying/pooping on her pad) I also just installed a doggie door that she uses weather permitting...and she has gone potty outside a couple times on my brick patio (which I have highly praised her for and given her a good girl treat). How/what can I do to get her to know that she needs to also use the potty pads for pottying while out of the xpen at night???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....I do highly praise her every morning/evening when she poops on the pad by giving her a good girl treat and she now knows that once she does her duties on the pad she will get a treat and she instantly goes into the kitchen and waits........
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!