View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Exclamation Heat Cycles...New Moms of Females Please Read!!!!

I thought I'd let all U new mothers out there of Yorkies whos females isn't spayed yet, please don't think U babies won't or don't come into their 1st heat until age 1...My Sage is 10 months, 2 weeks and 1 day old today and she is in her 1st heat!! I knew Galahad had been acting strange and marking everywhere. Sat. Morning Teddy tried to smell her through her crate, (Teddy is 3 & he's been bred before with Tiffanie) I thought right then she may be starting her heat cycle still unsure I went ahead and put Teddy in the living room to run free. Galahad is her mate for the Spring of 2009 and he is in a playpen, I have a gate up at the door to the living room so Teddy can't come into the hall. I left the doors to our bedroom and our Yorkie room open (U have to go through our bedroom to get to our Yorkie room). Sage has never ever ran out of our Yorkie room into the hall but oh she did this morning & she was gonna run into the living room but hit the gate, I was like a mad lady trying to fly around our bed to get to her and as I bent down to pick her up and she peed blood!!! So she is in her 1st heat cycle so please be careful with U're babies out there that U don't want bred!! It can and will happen before U know it!! So now both doors are closed and Sage is crated so is Teddy and Galahad I didn't want to crate them (I like the playpens better) but when boys are desperate they will do anything to get to a female even jumpin' out of the playpens (Hubby just told me on the phone Galahad jumped out of his playpen last night!!!), chewing on them (Galahad is doing that now at 20 Months old) and yep they both are squallin' & bawllin' so is Sage!!! So please put those un spayed babies up!!! Oh and Tami U might want to keep a eye on on Denali since Sage is now in heat! LOL! Like I need to tell U that!! I guess Sage is turning out to be more like her cousin Carly!!! What do U think??? What a way to start the week out! LOL!!
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!