View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Ashsteg
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
How often does your boyfriend's mom let him out of his crate each day? I'm no "expert" on potty training pups by ANY stretch but.....since he's still not housebroken, I would think he needs to be let out quite a bit more than he may be right now. Have you tried to train him on pee pads? When we got Gage, he was such a scared little puppy (I rescued him from an abusive home - the idiot gave him to me cause Gage kept peeing in the house - he didn't even try to housebreak him!). I bought some pee pads for accidents and now almost 3 years later, he will only go on the pee pads. He will tinkle outside but #2 is left for his pee pad - he's very proud of his pads

Chin up - sometimes it just takes longer and a great deal more patience. Just keep working with him - and maybe check into an X-pen. Gives him more freedom of movement (he's confined in his crate a good deal from what I gather in your post). Put a pee pad on one side of the x-pen and his crate on the other so he can get in and out to sleep. See if that helps any.

Best of luck!
well we also have a half bathroom we never use. & I made him a cute little space in there. With his crate & food and water and toys. its about the size of an x-pen but, he hates it in there too. She lets him about about 1ce and hr or so. & yes i am out alot but, im trying to get alot done cuz i have neck surgery in April & will be out for a period of time. But i do love him sooo much but, im going crazy lol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!