View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

I haven't had this exact problem, tho my female is probably the most "grumblely" of my three. When she does get testy about anything, I first & foremost "show no fear" of her to make her understand that I am alpha in this house.
So in reading the previous posts, I agree with
Quote:
Chewy was like this as a puppy... I made it a point to show him I was the boss and took toys, chews what ever he had away often to show him I was the boss... I would make him sit and then give it right back. When he would bite I would put my hand up to his mouth to show I was not afraid and say no bite in a stern voice.
and also with
Quote:
I have made it so that there are times that I hold the chews as they gnaw on them so that they know that I am in-charge. Sometime, when I no longer have time to sit with them, I take them away and put them up; other times I allow them to keep them. I also mess around in their food bowls periodically so that they understand that a hand may come close to them when they are eating and they are not to bite.
Your "kids" have got to learn/know that YOU are the boss, not them. Godd Luck....Jenna is young enough, I'm sure you'll nip this in the bud soon enough.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!