View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #6
letty00
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

When Lacy was 6 months old I had her spayed by a local vet. At the office there are about 4 different vets there. The vet that did the spay/neuter surgeries was a recent vet school graduate. Lacy came home a little groggy and was out of it for the rest of the night because of the anesthesia. The next day she was fine. I didn't need to take her back because the stitches were internal and the vet said that they would dissolve. So when she was about 7 months old I was having problems with her groomer and had to find another one. Thank God for her!! She is such a wonderful woman! Anyway, when I dropped Lacy off to her for the first time, it had only been a little less than a month after her spay, so I told her to be careful and watch out for her incision. So she checked it to make sure that it was healed, so that she could bathe her, then she told me that Lacy had a hernia. She really knows what she's talking about, cuz she has several yorkies herself, and she's been breeding for 13 yrs. I wasn't really concerned at first cuz at that time I didn't know that she knew so much about yorkies. But I decided to make an appt. with the vet that did her surgery ASAP. I took her in and he said that everything was fine. So the next week when I took Lacy for a bath she asked if I had taken her to the vet. I told her yes and that he said that she was fine. I handed Lacy to her and she felt her incision again, and said to me that she definetly had a hernia. she told me to take her to the vet that she takes her dogs to and I did the next day. The vet had to give Lacy surgery that same day. I was in total shock. I couldn't believe that the other vet had told me she was fine when the hernia inside my baby was the size of a quarter. With the help of the other vet who had taken photos of the surgery and wrote a report, I filed a complaint against the vet. Recently I received a letter from the Veterinary Medical Board that said that they investigated and found no significant evidence that the vet had did anything wrong. I was devastated. I don't want this to happen to anybody else's dogs. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let you know what happened to my baby and me. We had one hell of an experience with that vet. Just be careful, that's all I can really say.
letty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!