Thread: Help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
Love4Bella
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help!!!!

I have a 20 week old yorkie girl. I got her about 7 weeks ago and have had her dewormed, and all caught up on shots (Her last set is due to be given on monday) And have had no problems with her. We have no other dogs and she does not go outside to go potty, she uses the wee wee pads.

I went to go get her tonight from the kitchen (she lays in her bed in there quite a bit) and on her pad in the kitchen I noticed she had pooped and it looked like there was small parts of spaghetti around her poop. Now I have never owned a dog that has ever had worms before but this is what I am assuming it is.

Now I have a couple of questions.

1. is being that I am pregnant with twins and I know that some worms are able to be spread to humans could I possibly be in danger or my unborn babies?

2. Can taking her to the vet for another deworming take of the it that simple? Or is this going to be a long ongoing process to get rid of it?

3. How could she have got this? The only thing that I can think of is from taking her to the groomer because she is not around any other dogs, or has ever been outside since I have had her.

Please help! I am so petrified for her health, my health and my kids health. Thanks!!
Love4Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!