View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Angela
YT 500 Club Member

Default My son wants to talk to me about joining the National Gaurd reserve :>(

No disrepect for the Military family, we have several in our family in every branch, but this is my only child who just turned 17 and has ALWAYS been against anything to do with the service. He was told about the money he would get to sign up and 200.00 a month for two weekends and college paid.....he really wants to go to college, always has.....I think he believes this is the only way he can pay for college. He could get a scolarship or two for some of his sports. I know to the core of my soul he will HATE it and I won't be able to do a thing to help him get out. I want him to know ALL the facts not just the luring ones they tell the kids at the high school. The only positive thing is he asked for us to go with him to talk to them, but I am against it and I know the enlister guy will hate me and who is to say they will tell us the con's in front of Christian. I need to find a real NG guy to tell Christian just how it is.....the pro's AND the con's. Anyway, just a Mom in a panic that I have to hide at home and need to post here. Thanks for listening.

Angie

Last edited by Angela; 02-22-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!