View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Tillys_mom
Spoilin' Tilly & Jack
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Tink View Post
I understand your concerns!
I would start out by telling them how much you have appreciated their business and developing a relationship with them and their dogs.
I would say That you are so excited to announce that your husband is graduating as he has worked very hard for this new opportunity.
WE will be moving on ____date. Because I know your pups will need a groomer, I would be willing to help you find another mobile groomer. Maybe you can have something typed up for them.
For those that might be willing to travel to you but not be willing to pay more money, I would explain that you will be working for someone else who has established pricing already (if that is the case).
You have to put your family first. The more open and honest you are with your clients, the more they will trust you.
Good luck in your job!
For the person with the dog that cant travel, perhaps you could do the groom when you visited your mom.
I thought about grooming her when I visited mom as well. She just gets a trim and takes a little over an hour. I can swing that. This is if hubby gets the closer of the three jobs. The others are around 2-3 hours away. I just want to prepare them for the worst. The other lady is super friendly and I just love grooming her dog. I do enjoy mobile grooming but I think it will be easier for my family with a shop and I think I would like it better.

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
Tillys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!